This recipe is one of the series healthy>quick>cheap ones.
The prawns are good for you because they are low fat and rich in good proteins, check out nutritional facts about prawns here. They are also reasonably priced. To make a good starter for 2 people you only need 200 gr.
The ingredients are:
- Fresh king prawns (or shrimps) 200 grams (7 oz.)
- Garlic 1 clove, cut thinly
- Chilly pepper: 1 little one, or half if big
- Curcuma powder and fresh gingercut thinly (these ingredients have natural anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help preventing different types of illnesses), see also http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21120596
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White whine
Here is how to proceed:
Start with the mise en place (explained below) in order to have all the ingredients ready to be cooked.
- Clean up the prawns by removing the shell and, the cut along side the back of the prawn and remove the little thread of intestine.
- Chop the garlic and put it in a small to medium size frying pan
- Chop the ginger and add it to the pan
- Chop the chilly pepper and add it to the pan
- Add a pinch of curcuma powder
- Add one or two spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Open a little box or bottle of white wine
- Start sauteing the spices on medium heat
- When they start frying (you hear the crackling) add the prawns for a minute and turn them a couple of times
- A small quantity of white wine in order to improve the cooking, the flavour and preserving the good qualities of the extra virgin olive oil.
- Keep cooking for other 2-3 minutes
- Serve hot on a small plate with the cooking sauce.